Grade Level: 3rd+
- white construction paper (I used 9″ x 12″ in the example)
- water color paints and paint brushes
- black permanent markers
- Show examples of Picasso’s cubism style.
- Sketch your own design with a pencil.
- Begin by drawing a wobbly oval for the head. Leave room in the margin area for hair.
- Next draw a slightly wobbly line down the middle of the head. Be sure to make part of the “wobble” is a funny or large nose.
- Continue drawing funky face features such as: one eye closed, asymmetrical lips or smile, different shaped ears, and so on.
- Begin water color painting. Color each section a different color.
- When dry, trace pencil lines with with a black permanent marker.
Other ideas for face features: