Grade Level: 4th+
- white construction paper (I used 9″ x 12″ in the example)
- black marker
- circles to trace
- Draw straight, but not parallel lines on the construction paper, both horizontally and vertically. Encourage students to limit the lines to approximately 6-8 lines in each direction.
- Trace 3-4 circles. Vary the sizes if possible. Circles can overlap, but don’t have to.
- Beginning with a single column or row, lightly mark every other section to clearly show where to color in with black marker. Some students will need assistance with this step
- Students should move from one side to the other, so their black & white pattern continues like the examples.
- Mistakes can/will happen. The end result will still look great!